Busboy Job Description
We are searching for candidates who will enjoy working with others in a fast-paced culinary environment and who have a desire to help create an enjoyable dining experience for guests. Busboys aim to support other team members by cleaning and resetting tables, ensuring the availability of flatware and plates, and bringing guest needs to the attention of waitstaff. They also restock necessary items, such as napkins and straws, and may assist with washing dishes. Suitable candidates should be efficient, attentive, and have strong customer service skills.
- Work with restaurant staff to create a positive dining experience for guests.
- Greet customers and answer questions.
- Alert servers when tables are in need of attention.
- Clean tables and remove dishes after the party leaves.
- Carry loads of soiled dishes to the dishwasher to be cleaned.
- Ensure availability of clean dishes, flatware, glasses, straws, napkins, and other dining materials.
- Washing dishes.
- Be able to remain focused and on-task during busy hours.
- Previous restaurant experience preferred, but not necessary.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Eye for details.
- Ability to lift 20 lbs or more.
- Willing to stand or walk for extended periods.
- Availability to work evenings and on weekends, including holidays.